Welcome to the Olympus School of Swimming.
Our teaching style is one of encouragement and patience, understanding that each of our swimmers is an individual. All our teachers are ASA qualified and bring a wealth of experience to our school.
Good teaching is at the heart of Olympus. Interraction with the children is important as all have varying levels of ability or confidence in the water. Recognition is key too with encouragement for effort always rewarded.Apart from teaching your child a vital life saving skill, swimming is probably the very best physical sports activity your child can do. Here is just a brief summary of the benefits.
- Swimming promotes physical development.
- Swimming develops aerobic endurance and is the most beneficial form of cardiovascular exercise.
- Swimming enhances children's natural flexibility and promotes proportional muscular development.
- Swimming develops superior coordination
- Swimming is the most injury free of all children's sports
Swimming is an excellent aerobic heart pumping exercise, which means that if you do it regularly and vigorously enough to raise your heartbeat to 70% of it's maximum for half an hour or more your cardiovascular system will gradually grow stronger and more efficient.
Julie - Swim School Manager